A Thriving Hub for Knowledge and Academia
"RIC welcomes students from all parts of the world to take advantage of the cutting-edge facilities that nurture great skills and knowledge innovatively and within budget."
Ric Gives You The Opportunity to Transfer to Australia and Complete Your Degree
While RIC is dedicated to offering local as well as international students the convenience of studying in Sri Lanka, it also provides the opportunity of commencing a degree programme in Sri Lanka and completing it in Australia.
RIC is an ‘Approved Deakin Agent’ for assisting students in preparation of the Visa process for no additional cost.
Candidates should apply for registration at the Royal Institute of Colombo. (RIC will issue application forms.)
Please note: While all students (local and international) have the opportunity to download, print and fill the application forms, local students can also visit RIC and duly complete the same.
RIC will accept:
- Duly completed application form of the RIC, with 2 passport-size colour photographs with blue/white background.
- Copies of the educational certificates, satisfying the entrance requirements (see course information).
- 2 copies of the Original Birth Certificate
- Either a copy of the information page of the Passport or the English translation of the Birth Certificate.
Instructions for the submission of the copies of educational certificates.
- Copies of the certificates of the London GCE (A/L), London GCE (O/L), any University Degree or Diploma and /or other professional qualifications are required to be certified by the RIC marked as ‘true copy of the original’.
- Copies of the certificates of the Sri Lankan GCE (A/L) and GCE (O/L) should be presented along with the original certificate issued by the Department of Examinations – Sri Lanka, to be verified by RIC.
- Foreign applicants with educational qualifications from their own country should contact RIC for clarifications about the equivalent of their educational qualifications.
With an aspiration to encourage and empower students who have been performing with excellent grades on a consistent basis, RIC is able to cater to scholarships under the following criteria:
- A student with a minimum of 3 A*s for London A/L and a minimum of 4 A‘s for Local A/L is eligible for scholarships that cover up to a certain percentage of their educational expenses at RIC for the 1st year of studies.
- Students who perform well during their studies at RIC will be eligible to be short-listed for the Vice-Chancellor’s scholarship given by Deakin University Australia annually. This scholarship will cover up to 50% of the Deakin University fee when completing their relevant degree in Australia.
All assignments and examinations are directed by Deakin University Australia through RIC.
Students who successfully complete their studies at RIC will be transferred to Deakin University for the completion of their relevant degree. Once completed they will be attending the convocation at Deakin University Australia.