A Thriving Hub for Knowledge and Academia
“RIC welcomes students from all parts of the world to take advantage of the cutting-edge facilities that nurture great skills and knowledge innovatively and within budget.”
Candidates should apply for registration at the Royal Institute of Colombo as well as at the University of London. (RIC will issue RIC application forms.)
University of London registrations will be done online through RIC .
Please note: While all students (local and international) have the opportunity to download, print and fill the RIC application form, local students can also visit RIC and duly complete the same.
RIC will accept:
- Duly completed application form of the RIC, with 2 passport-size colour photographs with blue/white background.
- Copies of the educational certificates, satisfying the entrance requirements (see course information)
- Two copies of the Original Birth Certificate
- Either a copy of the information page of the Passport or the English translation of the Birth Certificate.
Instructions for the submission of the copies of educational certificates.
- Copies of the certificates of the London GCE (A/L), London GCE (O/L), any University Degree or Diploma and / or other professional qualifications are required to be certified by the RIC marked as ‘true copy of the original’.
- Copies of the certificates of the Sri Lankan GCE (A/L) and GCE (O/L) should be presented along with the original certificate issued by the Department of Examinations – Sri Lanka, to be verified by RIC.
- Foreign applicants with educational qualifications from their own country should contact RIC for clarifications about the equivalent of their educational qualifications with the UK system or contact;
Student Advice Centre
University of London
32 Russell Square,
London WC1B 5DN
+44 (0)20 7862 8360.
Certificate Level Entry Route
For Certificate of Higher Education in Social Sciences (CHESS) and Certificate of Higher Education (CertHE) in Common Law, the selection is done at the RIC, adhering to the criteria stipulated by the University of London. Therefore applicants should first submit the application to RIC. Registration with the University of London will be followed.
Standard And Graduate Level Entry Route
For the Standard and Graduate Entry routes, the selection is made at the University of London. Submission of application to the University of London is done by RIC on behalf of the applicant. The applicant also has the option of sending the application directly to the Undergraduate Admissions Office of the University of London.
Application forms can be collected from and submitted to:
Royal Institute of Colombo
No 92, Sunethra Devi Road,
With the objective of encouraging and empowering students who have performed with excellent grades on a consistent basis, RIC is able to cater to scholarships under the following criteria:
- A student with a minimum of 3 A*s for London A/L and a minimum of 4 A‘s for Local A/L is eligible for a scholarship that covers up to a certain percentage of their educational expenses at RIC for the 1st year of study.
- Students who obtain Distinctions/Merits in the first year examinations for Laws and Social Sciences through the University of London International Programmes will be eligible to receive a ‘High Achievers’ Scholarship’ of up to 50% for their 2nd and 3rd year of studies.
All examinations are conducted by the University of London through the British Council Colombo, Sri Lanka and the the answer scripts are sent to London for marking.
RIC conducts its annual convocation at the Bandaranaike Memorial International Conference Hall (BMICH) in Colombo, at which all the Degrees are conferred by the University of London. Alternatively the graduates are also invited by the University of London to attend the Convocation held in London.